We are currently recruiting for a Wealth Management firm based in Stevenage who are looking to recruit a Senior Paraplanner.
Overall Objective of Job:
To assist the Financial Planners in providing financial advice and wealth management to a range of private clients within a regulatory framework.
To assist the other members of the client support team, focusing on working efficiently, to deadlines, thus maximising profit and ensuring high standards of customer service levels are achieved.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Managing a small, segregated bank of key/complex clients and ensuring that all aspects of their records are up to date and managed in accordance with office protocols
- Liaising with financial planner(s) regularly regarding client servicing and new business tasks, agreeing priorities and turnaround times, and managing client expectations.
- Liaison with financial planners to ensure suitability of product and other recommendations for the client.
- Peer review of all suitability reports, within CSM sub-team.
- Monitor progress of WIP of CSM sub-team and communicate delays/blockages/progress to Head of Client Support.
- Provision of technical support to financial planners and client support managers.
- Identifying opportunities within existing client portfolios and informing financial planners accordingly
- Liaising with providers regarding Letters of Authority to ensure timely turnaround of information
- Preparing portfolio valuations and client review papers
- Producing accurate and compliant client reports from templates within agreed timescales. Priority to be given to complex suitability reports for advisers across the organisation to include: Defined Benefit analysis and transfer, IHT and Trust planning recommendations, high risk investments such as EIS, VCT and BPRs, and technical calculations such as head room, chargeable gains, and IHT liability mitigation.
- Liaising with clients and third parties to process applications and queries on accounts
- Dealing and complying with new business processes for clients
- Addressing any administrative queries from clients
- Product research, fund analysis and recommendations, including use of recommended fund lists and providers where appropriate.
- Timely invoicing of clients whose fees are not deducted from their investments.
- Processing withdrawals and fund switches, and investing contributions on provider Wrap/sites.
- Monitoring cash management of client funds and responding to provider 'alerts’.
- Ensure IO is kept up to date with client data and new business activity.
- Ensure company procedures are followed, in order to adhere with both quality standards and compliance regulation
- To keep abreast of industry changes and regulation through CPD
- To comply with the internal controls and systems of the firm, e.g. Governance Committee
- Relationship Management with key providers and third-party service suppliers
- Educated to 'O' Level or G.C.S.E standard (ideally A to C, including Maths and English) - essential
- Diploma of Financial Planning - essential
- Actively working towards Diploma of Financial Planning (or equivalent) - essential
I.T. / Software Skills and Knowledge:
- Intelligent Office
- Financial Express
- Microsoft Office
- Research tool e.g. Defaqto, Micap, Selectapension, O&M, Dynamic Planner
- Knowledge of key platforms and provider sites